A Holistic Approach To Wellbeing
What is therapy assistance?
We understand the high demand for mental health services and we also understand that sometimes it can be difficult to translate the skills, tools and strategies learnt in therapy into daily life. You might only see your therapist once a week, once a fortnight or once a month, so therapy assistants can be useful in filling the gap between appointments. Together the psychologist, client and therapy assistant develop a plan for therapy goals and these can be worked through with the therapy assistant in a variety of settings including in the clinic, at home or in the community.
How our therapy assistants can support you:
- Provide one-on-one care for social and emotional support
- Provide individualised support with reading, writing, fine motor skills, behaviour and attention
- Support your child through daily routines and activities
Lilley Place employs therapy assistants who:
- Have a 4 year accredited Allied Health Degree
- Have a working with children check, CPR certificate, driver’s license and roadworthy, insured vehicle
- Are provided with high quality training and support from our Lilley Place team of Psychologists
- Are available to provide support across a variety of locations including the clinic, home or out in the community either on weekdays or Saturdays
- Are friendly, caring, reliable and passionate about helping clients feel better!
Do I need a referral to see Therapy Assistant?
No you do not need a referral to see a therapy assistant, however they do work alongside your psychologist.
Who can access a therapy assistant?
We see a lot of our NDIS clients accessing our therapy assistants, however anyone can access therapy assistance.
What do you do in a therapy assistance session?
A therapy assistance session is tailored and crafted to what you in do in session to match therapy, to give you extra hours to practise the skills learnt in session and to accelerate your gains.
Why are therapy assistants beneficial?
Having a therapy assistant can help keep you on track with your goals in between psychology sessions. They are able to aid in fine tuning the things your learn in therapy and pivot the session to suit your needs and level. The sessions can be progressive, dynamic, fluid and supported with regular check in with your psychologist. There is open communication so that we can address difficulties sooner