Psychological services are available for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
Assessment, treatment and/or management are available for a number of presenting problems.
Problems may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adjustment Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Developmental Delay
- Learning and behaviour problems
- Responses to trauma (including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Fears, worry and anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Family functioning
- Career planning
- Time management and organisational skills
- Sleep Problems
- Relationship difficulties
- Parenting difficulties
A number of different service options are available, including:
- School visits and assessments
- Home visits and assessments
- Ongoing monitoring and individualised therapy programs
- Individual and small group therapy
- Parent support, counselling, information and education
- Consultation with educational, allied health and medical professionals (In-service training available for school staff and other health professionals)
- Psychometric assessments including educational assessments
- Skype sessions for both therapy and clinical supervision
A number of different psychotherapies exist. All psychologists at Lilley Place are trained primarily in the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which focuses on thoughts, feelings, and behaviours and how they effect and maintain emotional and behavioural difficulties experienced. CBT is goal orientated and focuses on problem solving and relapse prevention. Skills from other therapies can also be utilised depending on the nature of the presenting problem. Other therapies often incorporated include Schema-Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Interpersonal therapy (IPT) and Mindfulness based CBT.
Together we provide quality care by supporting and respecting our clients, referrers and team members. Together we do more than any one of us can do as an individual, helping people be the best they can be!
All client records and details are kept confidential. Communication with other professionals only occurs with client consent. Confidentiality is not maintained in circumstances where the client is a danger to themselves or others.