- All costs are advised prior to the initial consultation and vary according to your needs and service.
- Sessions are typically 50 minutes in duration.
- Many clients are eligible for rebates through Medicare or their Private Health cover.
- All fees are payable at the time of consultation and a variety of payment options exist (cash, cheque, EFTPOS).
- Medicare and Private Health Fund claims can be processed at the time of payment and rebates deposited directly into a savings account.
- Phone consultations, emails, report and letter writing, and Skype consultations are available and will attract a fee pro rata of the psychologist’s normal consultation fee.
- If you are unable to make an appointment, please call and reschedule as soon as possible. Late cancellations mean that other clients are not able to access assistance that otherwise would have been available. If 48 hours notice is not given to change or cancel an appointment, a cancellation fee will be charged.
More Information on Funding Options
- Better Access: To be eligible to access services under this scheme, patients must have a diagnosed mental health disorder and be referred by their GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. Patients will be able to access up to 10 individual sessions per calendar year with maximum rebates from Medicare.
- Private Health Funds: Health rebates are available for patients with Private Health Cover. As each health fund and level of cover relates to different rebate allowances, each client is encouraged to discuss rebates directly with their fund.
- Chronic Disease Management: If clients have a chronic disease (a condition that has lasted for more than 6 months) they can be referred by their GP for 5 sessions under a Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan. This requires the GP to have also referred to one other health service provider (i.e., a team of three treating practitioners all up) and to use a specific referral form. Note that the 5 sessions are per calendar year, and include services provided by other health service providers under the CDM plan.
- Pregnancy Counselling: This psychology service offers pregnancy support counselling to assist women who have any personal concerns related to a current or recent pregnancy (within the past 12 months). The pregnancy support counselling Medicare Item covers up to three sessions with a psychologist per pregnancy. The pregnancy support counselling is not specifically for a mental health disorder, but can be for parenting, health or relationship concerns.
- Helping Children with Autism: The Australian Government provides up to $12 000 for children with a diagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder. This funding allows access to early intervention treatment to be used prior to the child’s 7th birthday. Alternately, HCWA Medicare Items can be used in addition to the Early Intervention package or may apply if not eligible for the Early Intervention package. The Medicare Items include up to four diagnostic / assessment services and up to twenty treatment sessions that must be used prior to the child’s 15th birthday. For more information on these funding options please see our FAQ tab.
|Clinic Director||$246||$124.50||Clinical Psychologist||$215||$124.50||Psychologist||$180||$84.80|